Wilderness Training the Series: Inspirational True Stories, Christianity, Sports/Hiking/Backpacking, Nature. All ages.
Wilderness Training the Novice Marybeth Haydon
Wilderness Training the Novice is a thrilling ride through the barren desert, rugged wilds and mountaintop triumphs. The stories are wonderfully woven with death-cheating survival, comedy, miraculous healing, honesty, joy, divine interventions and spiritual freedoms. Based on the true experiences of wilderness travels, the reader is directed to correlations between the physical and spiritual characteristics of hiking and spiritual growth. Discover the vast, vibrant beauty of His creation with each page-turning, captivating account. Whether you are experiencing a spiritual desert or standing before the impossible, do you crumble or continue forward? Will it be a conscious decision to cut corners that will lead you to the path of least resistance or will you believe for His divine intervention? It’s not just about the destination. The journey is intended to be enjoyed. Allow this to capture your heart and to shape the direction for your life, finding hope and joy in everyday events and circumstances.
Wilderness Training the Intermediate Marybeth Haydon
This continuing chronicle is wonderfully woven with comedy, trepidation, beauty and excitement. The reader is introduced to the amazing integration of hiking skills with one’s spiritual walk with the Lord Jesus. The Wilderness Training series is based on the experiences of a certified wilderness leader who began hiking after receiving yet another new lease on life, incorporating the wilderness lessons learned as the results are played-out in stunning detail. Conquer your fears, expand your horizons, and think outside the parameters of your circumstances or spiritual deset experience. Will you let the fog of pain obliterate your sense of His presence in your life or allow it to open your eyes to the fullness of God’s love and glory? Meanwhile, I am alert and eager to get back on trail, because He is training me while I’m in the wilderness.
Author Marybeth Haydon is an avid hiker and a Spirit-filled Christian mother. She holds her certificate in wilderness leading, which was earned during her recovery from cancer. Marybeth lives in northern California with her family and is currently on book three of the series.
- Submitted on 2013/04/21 at 1:38 pm by Rachel Roen RE: Wilderness Training the Novice
Another chapter that has left me speechless. All I say while reading your blog is “Exactly!” You have an amazing talent for converting these thoughts into words and it comes across beautifully; I wish I had that talent! Like you, I became closer to the Lord while adventuring alone in the mountains. I think the trails just block out all the noise from the busy day to day activities and really allow you just to focus and JUST BE in God’s presence. Sometimes when I am out on the trail, I can just feel him around me, and he can hear my thoughts, and it is the perfect one on one time. It really brings you a sense of peace and leaves you feeling able to take on life’s challenges. Great post, truly inspiring, keeps up the great work!
- Wilderness Training the Novice Review by Greg Holt
Wilderness Training by Marybeth Haydon is a smooth, and enjoyable read. In this first book in the Wilderness Training series we get a glimpse of what Marybeth’s life is like in part. As you are reading this book, it almost feels at times as though you are on the trail with Marybeth. The details of what she sees are vivid, and colorful, and form a picture in your mind’s eye that you can enjoy while reading. Wilderness hiking, like life is not without perils, and we get a good look at this as well. The near misses Marybeth experiences are exciting and I found myself turning pages quickly as I wanted to see just what was going to happen next! Marybeth, having survived cancer and a serious fall off of a mountain is the picture of determination. Woven in with that determination is a wonderful image of what faith in Christ looks like. The best part of Marybeth’s book (to me) was her obvious dedication to Jesus. As Marybeth is sharing with the reader an enjoyable adventure on the trails, she is also sharing with the reader her faith in God. One can “see” Marybeth’s faith growing right alongside her trail skills. You feel challenged in way to get busy and do something about your own faith. Even if you are not a big outdoors fan, I would recommend Marybeth’s book. You can enjoy the view on the trail through Marybeth’s eyes without having to be on the trail yourself! Pick up this book today!
- Submitted on 2013/03/30 at 7:58 pm by Jeanne Meeks RE: Wilderness Training the Novice
I was thrilled to read your story. I put a similar non-bite experience in my pre-published novel, Rim to Rim. Your description gives me confidence that I got it right. I’m glad the rattler missed!
- Insightful revelations to blaze your own trail. R. Baier
- I can actually visualize the regions and my heart pounded during the pitfalls! Pastor K. Hopkins
- Challenges the reader through colorful backpacking details, paralleling the physical complexity of hiking with spiritual testing and growth during ones Christian walk. M. Millers
- I was engaged immediately. I can almost smell the pine trees with the vivid details and feel the awesome power of God through this captivating read. A. Keller
- A high-voltage story of survival, a compelling, richly textured narrative! TJ Ozbo
- I reviewed Marybeth’s Wilderness Training the Novice and it is extraordinary. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it and look forward to reading the rest of her works. Our passions and desire for God and leading people to Him are exactly the same. I love the way she gives God all the glory. I also feel closest to God out in His creation hiking with Him. Her experiences and survival stories are a great example of God’s love in a believer’s life. I would be honored if Marybeth would do a guest blog on our website. Please personally thank her for me for this wonderful book. May God bless you always. – Jason Kinnan
Pick up a copy of Marybeth’s book Wilderness Training the Novice!
Editor’s Note: Your book really did touch me Marybeth; I enjoyed it and will read your other ones as well. I felt a connection with you Marybeth, almost like I was there with you at times; your writing is very good. I was I admit brought to tears in some places. This book is a blessing for sure! I hope others will read what you have striven to impart, that God is a vital part of our lives, no He is the reason for our lives. May the readers be blessed by your stories, and by the obvious love you have for our Father.
- Submitted on 2013/04/14 at 1:59 pm by Rachel Roen RE: Wilderness Hiking the Intermediate
Such an amazing story. It is truly inspirational and I love to see how and what helps people seek the Lord. “Give yourself to the Lord; trust in him, and he will help you; he will make your righteousness shine like the noonday sun” Psalm 37:5-6 Stay strong and know you are never alone! And keep hiking!
Eternal Soul Series: Christian, Fiction, Suspense
Soul Deceiver Lyn Leahz
As Unified High Priest, Khalid al-Kabul and his UNIFY church gain world-wide acclaim and draw millions to their ranks, Christians fear the emergence of a one-world religion. Krista Coblentz teams with Detective Darnell Simpson, a backslidden Christian, after police discover Krista’s best friend savagely murdered and dismembered. Krista’s relationship with Simpson disintegrates after she accepts an invitation to one of Khalid’s demonic services promoting his perfect one-world church. Meanwhile, in Tennessee, retired Pentecostal Rev. Walter Caldwell hears from God that it’s time to take the message of repentance to the streets and God wants Caldwell to lead the effort. Could UNIFY truly be the apostasy and the emergence of a one-world religion foretold in the Bible Christians believe it is—merely a counterfeit forged by Satan himself that shall lead even the elect astray? Or, could it be the perfect church the Bible predicts, rising up out of the darkness, delivering a new world peace by fusing Christians and Muslims together as one?
Author Ms. Leahz masterfully weaves this end-times thriller with excitement, murder, intrigue, romance and mystery. This fast-paced prophetic classic will leave you breathless and eagerly awaiting the second book in Ms. Leahz’s trilogy.
- “What most Christians forget is that the main purpose of God’s plan for us is to fight and expose evil. Lyn Leahz in her fiction Soul Deceiver writes an amazing tale and embeds the necessary biblical truth to help us see the quagmire of delusion, deception and apostasy that engulf the church today. The gripping story sifts out the words of a sweet-talking devil that wants to unify Christianity with Islam attempting to seduce us with flattery. The story tells how the prudent spirit-filled Christian can stand firm against the works of darkness. “And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do [exploits].” (Dan 11:32) –Walid Shoebat, International Speaker and Best Selling Author of God’s War on Terror: Islam, Prophecy and the Bible. Shoebat Foundation
- “Lyn Leahz is a gifted and brilliant author. This fictional thriller is truly a page-turner that will enthrall you from the first to the last word. A highly recommended read!” —Joel Richardson, Best Selling Author of Islamic Antichrist and Mideast Beast. Joel’s Trumpet Online
- “All one needs to do is watch the daily news, or read a newspaper, and compare those words to the Books of Daniel, Ezekiel, or Revelation, to understand the times in which we live. Lyn Leahz does a great job in her book, Soul Deceiver, pulling you into the lives of her characters, to allow you to experience the scenarios of end time prophecy. If you are a lover of end times eschatology, then Soul Deceiver is a must read.” –Tim R. Philley, Executive Vice President & Chief Operations Officer, Oral Roberts University
- ”It is with great pleasure I recommend Soul Deceiver. Lyn Leahz is a gifted writer, and a remarkable Christian. Through much prayer and creativity, she has written a captivating and timely book about the end times. You will not be disappointed with this page-turner, guaranteed to keep you absorbed for hours! A must read!” –Juliana Worsham, Author, A Joyful Life Made Simple. SimplyJuliana.com
- “Soul Deceiver is a well-written, mind-captivating read. This edgy fictional work keeps you enthralled in events that could be taken right out of today’s news. Lyn Leahz stays true to God’s Word while reminding us of our calling as disciples of Christ. Our primary objective, especially during the end times, is to keep God’s Word pure and to proclaim the Word of God as true without compromise. Lyn skillfully weaves these job requirements into a fast-paced exciting read that I highly recommend!” –Greg Holt, Inspirational Christian Blogs
Prophesy: Evangelist Hal Lindsey
Harold Lee “Hal” Lindsey is an American evangelist and Christian writer. He is a Christian Zionist and dispensationalist author. He currently resides in Texas.